table size

From: David McLoughlin <dmcloughlin(at)sherkin(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: table size
Date: 2003-09-23 09:35:57
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a table in my database which can grow very quickly. Is
there some way to partition the table so that when it reaches a certain size the
information in it is copied to a temporary table and the
original table is free again.

Or is this possible at all. If not is there any sort of perfomance
update I can add to speed up the queries on such a large table.

thanks