cannot insert or update

From: "Oscar I(dot) del Rey" <nacho(at)rlc01(dot)sertecnet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cannot insert or update
Date: 2003-09-22 07:36:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi list

I have any problems with Postgres 7.0 and a DataBase.

When I do a select to the database it works well, but when I try to
insert or to update it remains hooked and I couldn't work with it.
Problems started 2 days ago after I done a vacuum in one table (only).
Since this day I have several processes such as:
/usr/bin/postgres localhost root database UPDATE waiting
These processes never die and are repeating themselves until they
exhaust the connections to the Data Base

Any ideas?