Re: data grid can't display chinese characters,

From: Reshat Sabiq <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: Chen Shaopeng <chen_shaopeng(at)idsignet(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: data grid can't display chinese characters,
Date: 2003-09-20 19:44:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

Chen Shaopeng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone give a hint on how to display chinese data in pgadmin
> data grid?
>
> Here's my system config:
> OS: Linux RH9
> PG: 7.3.2.3
> PGAdmin: 0.9.0 Beta 1 (11 August 2003)
> Locale: zh_CN.GB18030
>
> The documentation said pgadmin support zh_CN locale. But it does not seem
> to display chinese characters. I can insert the records into the db with
> psql and use it to retrieve and see they are fine. But on pgadmin,
> it just shows the char '"' and that's it.
>
> Changing locale to zh_CN.GB2312 does not work either.
>
> Second question: anyone got it work with chinput?
>
> thanks

I heard pgAdmin3 should be able to display Unicode, but haven't tried.
Of course, this would also require the data to be Unicode-encoded.

--
Sincerely,
Reshat.

If you see my certificate with this message, you should be able to send me encrypted e-mail.
Please consult your e-mail client for details if you would like to do that.