Re: State of Beta 2

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>, Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>, PgSQL General ML <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: State of Beta 2
Date: 2003-09-16 19:59:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> And that has nothing to do with user need as a whole, since the care
> level I mentioned is predicated by the developer interest level.
> While I know, Marc, how the whole project got started (I have read the
> first posts), and I appreciate that you, Bruce, Thomas, and Vadim
> started the original core team because you were and are users of
> PostgreSQL, I sincerely believe that in this instance you are out of
> touch with this need of many of today's userbase. And I say that with
> full knowledge of PostgreSQL Inc.'s support role. If given the choice
> between upgrading capability, PITR, and Win32 support, my vote would
> go to upgrading. Then migrating to PITR won't be a PITN.

If someone is willing to pony up 2000.00 per month for a period of at
least 6 months, I will dedicated one of my programmers to the task. So
if you want it bad enough there it is. I will donate all changes,
patches etc.. to the project and I will cover the additional costs that
are over and above the 12,000. If we get it done quicker, all the better.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.