OffsetNumber offnum (LOCKTAG in lock.c)

From: Sumaira Maqsood Ali <sali(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OffsetNumber offnum (LOCKTAG in lock.c)
Date: 2003-09-04 01:17:34
Lists: pgsql-docs

the offnum of LOCKTAG I gather indicates which row (tuple) is being
locked in a row level locking. But when I lock 2 diffrent rows of a
table, offset for both is 0. and also offset is 0 if i take a table lock
on the same table. (blkno is the same for all three locks)..shouldnt the
OffsetNumber offnum be different for each individual row lociked? if
not, then what field of LOCKTAG recognizes each individual row (tuple)
locked?
thanks!