Re: [HACKERS] What goes into the security doc?

From: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] What goes into the security doc?
Date: 2003-08-30 16:00:46
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On 30 Aug 2003 at 17:37, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Dan Langille writes:
>
> > It has already been decided that we need something.
>
> Please point me to where this has been decided.

I'm sure you can google as well I can can. The original message in
this thread referred to "PostgreSQL Password Cracker" posted on 2003-
01-02. You could also search for the subject of this message. When
you find those you'll see that such a section was suggested. I took
up the task, suggested some content. Then it lingered and was
brought up again recently. Your objections are the first.

I can't see why you, or anyone for that matter, can possibly object
to a section titled security which points to the relevent components
and parts within the documentation. As previously stated, what I have
posted is a starting point.

You aren't being asked to do the work. Why do you care if someone
else does it? You may not need such documentation, but it will be
useful to many.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/