Re: Functions have 32 args limt ???

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Ivar <ivar(at)lumisoft(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Functions have 32 args limt ???
Date: 2003-08-28 05:06:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Ivar wrote:
> For my supprise I found that functions have 32 parameter limit.
>
> Where to find more info about this limitation or similar limitations ?
>
> I need at least 50, 100 would be ok.

See INDEX_MAX_KEYS defined in src/include/pg_config.h.in
(pg_config_manual.h in postgres 7.4). Change to 64 or whatever and
recompile. But note that you'll need to dump, initdb, and reload your
data. Also note that there are performance and disk usage tradeoffs --
search the mailing list archives from August 2002 for some test results
and discussion.

Joe