Re: PHP and COPY

From: DeJuan Jackson <djackson(at)speedfc(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP and COPY
Date: 2003-08-15 19:08:01
Lists: pgsql-php

such as?

To answer your question. I have a order system on my local Postgres
(for multiple clients 50+), and need to have an offsite independent
database to drive orders for a website (for one client).
None of the replication solutions I have seen (at a resonable price)
allow me to limit the data being replicated by a specific field (which I
must do from a liability standpoint), so I'm rolling my own replication
using php as the scripting language. I've got the data being
transferred using inserts just fine, but I would suspect a 50-300%
improvement in transfer speed if I could resort to COPY instead (I'm
inserting records in transactions of 500 rows each for testing). One of
the tables that I need to replicate is a Multi-Gig table (which is about
the same size as all the others combined).