[pg-sql] - Problem with duplicate table (PostgreSQL 7.2.3

From: BenLaKnet <benlaknet(at)icqmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pg-sql] - Problem with duplicate table (PostgreSQL 7.2.3
Date: 2003-08-08 08:13:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have to duplicate a table to save different instances of datas.

Structure de la table "spectacle"
-------------------------------------------------------- */
CREATE TABLE "spectacle" (
id_spectacle SERIAL,
"id_membre_adherent" INTEGER NOT NULL,
"id_genre_festival" INTEGER,
"id_festival" INTEGER,
"nom" VARCHAR(255),
"compagnie_interprete" VARCHAR(255),
"vitaculture" INTEGER NOT NULL,
"regionales" INTEGER NOT NULL,
"presentation" TEXT,
"genre_precision" VARCHAR(255),
"duree" VARCHAR(255),
"photo1" VARCHAR(255),
"photo1_credit" VARCHAR(255),
"photo2" VARCHAR(255),
"photo2_credit" VARCHAR(255),
"salle" TEXT,
"tarifs" TEXT,
"id_traitement" INTEGER DEFAULT 1,
"distribution" TEXT,
"type_public" VARCHAR(255),
PRIMARY KEY("id_spectacle"),
FOREIGN KEY ("id_festival") REFERENCES "festival"("id_festival")
ON DELETE RESTRICT
ON UPDATE RESTRICT
NOT DEFERRABLE,
FOREIGN KEY ("id_genre_festival") REFERENCES
"genre_festival"("id_genre_festival")
ON DELETE RESTRICT
ON UPDATE RESTRICT
NOT DEFERRABLE,
FOREIGN KEY ("id_membre_adherent") REFERENCES
"membre_adherent"("id_membre_adherent")
ON DELETE CASCADE
ON UPDATE RESTRICT
NOT DEFERRABLE,
FOREIGN KEY ("id_traitement") REFERENCES "traitement"("id_traitement")
ON DELETE RESTRICT
ON UPDATE RESTRICT
NOT DEFERRABLE
) WITH OIDS;

CREATE INDEX "adherant_spectacle_fk" ON "spectacle"
USING btree ("id_membre_adherent");

CREATE INDEX "genre_spectacle_fk" ON "spectacle"
USING btree ("id_genre_festival");

CREATE INDEX "spectacle_au_festival_fk" ON "spectacle"
USING btree ("id_festival");

When I duplicate this code in an other table named spectacle_v without
Foreygn key ... all is running.

But when I try to delete a spectacle_membre, linked value in spectacle
are correctly deleted, but I have an error for spectacle_v which is not
linked :

(ERROR: referential integrity violation - key in membre_adherent still
referenced from spectacle_v )

I do not understand this message error, because any foreign key is
referenced with this table.