statement level trigger causes pltcl, plpython SIGSEGV

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: "Hackers (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: statement level trigger causes pltcl, plpython SIGSEGV
Date: 2003-08-04 03:04:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

I was working on trigger support for PL/R and ran across this bug in my
own code related to STATEMENT level triggers. I decided to try it in PL/Tcl:

regression=# CREATE FUNCTION tcltrigfunc() RETURNS trigger AS '
regression'# return OK
regression'# ' LANGUAGE pltcl;
CREATE FUNCTION
regression=#
regression=# CREATE TRIGGER tcltrig BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE OR DELETE ON foo
regression-# FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE tcltrigfunc();
CREATE TRIGGER
regression=# insert into foo values(11,'cat99',1.89);
connection pointer is NULL
!>

Hmm, same problem. Looks like PL/pgSQL does the right thing, but
plpython will crash also. I don't think plperl supports triggers.

I'll try to submit a patch later tonight or tomorrow morning if no one
beats me to it.

Joe