best way to determine start of new statement within a function?

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: "Hackers (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: best way to determine start of new statement within a function?
Date: 2003-07-24 23:41:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I know that I can use fcinfo->flinfo->fn_extra to determine if a
particular function has been previously called within a given SQL
statement execution, but what is the best way to determine that the
current statement has or has not changed?

Specifically I'd like to reset a variable within my PL/R interpreter
each time a new SQL statement begins.

Joe