Sample code

From: Ben Clewett <B(dot)Clewett(at)roadrunner(dot)uk(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sample code
Date: 2003-07-22 16:30:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Novice,

I was looking at some sample code on a download of psql 7.3.3 today:

src/test/examples

I found they would not link. Missing all psql API calls. It was only
after I added to the following line to the local Makefile that they
compiled and worked:

LDLIBS += -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq

There is obviously something very wrong for me to need to add this line,
however, I am not familiar with the distribution to know where the error
is. But this is a new clean instalation, so I dought it's anything I
have done.

This is an installation onto a new SuSE 8.2, after removing the native
SuSE PostgreSQL server.

Hope this is of some use,

Ben