Transactions

From: Annabelle Desbois <a(dot)desbois(at)regie-france(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transactions
Date: 2003-07-16 15:35:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I've got a problem with transactions with PostgreSQL (7.3.1).
I've Apache 1.3.26 and PHP 4.3.0
When I do a "ROLLBACK" after a "BEGIN", all the next queries are refused
and this error occurs : "pg_exec() [<a
href='http://www.php.net/function.pg-exec'>function.pg-exec</a>]: Query
failed: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until
end of transaction block"

I was thincking that a ROLLBACK automatically stop the current
transaction and the next queries are new transactions. Isn't it right ?

How can we know if we're in a transaction ?

Or is it another problem ?

thx for help

Sincerely,

Annabelle

Annabelle DESBOIS
SA REGIE FRANCE
Village informatique - BP 3002
17030 La Rochelle CEDEX
tel: 05.46.44.75.76
fax: 05.46.45.34.17
e-mail: a(dot)desbois(at)regie-france(dot)com