Re: PlPython

From: DeJuan Jackson <djackson(at)speedfc(dot)com>
To: Kevin Jacobs <jacobs(at)penguin(dot)theopalgroup(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, joconnor(at)cybermesa(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PlPython
Date: 2003-06-26 18:31:46
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

So, the issue is that rexec was supposed to be secure but it's not and
has be removed from future versions. Kevin has replace the calls of
rexec with a non-secure version (maybe 'exec'), therefore the calls to
plpython would be inherently insecure in the first place, so we have to
make it an untrusted language.

Correct?