Re: PostgreSQL service manager

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: Darko Prenosil <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL service manager
Date: 2003-06-23 10:50:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Darko Prenosil wrote:

> I wrote PostgreSQL service manager (for spoiled windows users) using
>wxWindows that can query service status, start, stop and restart postmaster
>service under windows(currently under cygwin, but this should work even with
>native port when finished as long as service name is "postmaster"). I would
>also like to implement it for linux, but this one I did not finished yet.
> It was a litle play with wxWindows and MinGW since I saw yours choice of
>tools for PgAdmin3.
> Concerning the fact that PgAdmin is No.1 free Postgres GUI, I would be
>glad to contribute the code If You are interseted.

Hi Darko,

thanks for your interes in pgAdmin3. If you contribute a
dlgServerCtrl.cpp/.h/.xrc that works as property dialog for a PG_SERVER
node, I'd certainly find the time to add this to pgAdmin3. Please try to
check if the user has sufficient rights to start/stop/restart.

I noticed your Hungarian mail address, and I wonder if you'd like to
contribute the Hungarian translation for pgAdmin3? It's quite easy using
poEdit.

Regards,
Andreas