virtual table

From: Tomasz Myrta <jasiek(at)klaster(dot)net>
To: PGSQL-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: virtual table
Date: 2003-06-22 21:23:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi
I have another virtual problem, currently without any examples ;-)

Let's say we have some pl/pgsql function which puts result into table1.
This flat table must be normalized and put into table2. Sometimes 1 row from
table1 = 1 row from table2, but sometimes 1 row from table1= 3 rows from table2.
Data from table1 are transferrend into table2 using triggers. I found, I don't
to have any data in table1.
The question is: Is it possible to create virtual table in Postgresql? Virtual
- means it won't contain any columns nor data, but trigger doing all the job.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta