Re: Incremental backups, and backup history

From: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)cvc(dot)net>
To: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Matthew Nuzum <cobalt(at)bearfruit(dot)org>, "'Antonios Christofides'" <A(dot)Christofides(at)itia(dot)ntua(dot)gr>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incremental backups, and backup history
Date: 2003-06-20 16:28:01
Lists: pgsql-general

that's a good point, ref integrity and 'deleted' items. I'll have to take a look at that as I make my next design. I'm surpirsed that I didn't think of it. But I probably would have experienced it soon, as I am getting ready to put data in the design I'm on now.

One way I know that makes it all easier, is to use surrogate integer keys on all tables, i.e. sequences, as the primary key.