postmaster crashes on start-up

From: "Shmuel A(dot) Kahn" <Shmuel(at)Kam-motion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postmaster crashes on start-up
Date: 2003-06-19 09:26:17
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I just successfully installed postgres-ql on my Win-2K PC, with the following set-up:

Windows-2000
cygwin - 1.3.22-1
postgresql - 7.3.3-1
cygipc - 1.14-1

cygipc runs as an automatic service. But every time I attempt to start the postmaster
(as a service or) manually, it fails to run :-(

postmaster -i -D /usr/share/postgresql/data &

I get the following message:
IpcSemaphoreInitialize: semctl(id=2, 0, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid
argument
LOG: startup process (pid 2472) exited with exit code 1
LOG: aborting startup due to startup process failure

What am I doing wrong :-( ??
(Yes this is a repeat email, no one answered the first)

Shmuel Kahn