Re: checking currval

From: Jodi Kanter <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: Weiping He <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: Postgres Admin List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: checking currval
Date: 2003-06-18 14:24:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

I tried that and it did not work. It won't be a problem in the code
since it appears that we are always doing a nextval prior to currval,
but I was just wondering about how to do it while in a psql session.

Weiping He wrote:

> select last_value from your_sequence;
>
> Jodi Kanter wrote:
>
>> I cannot view the currval because it is not set in the session yet.
>> Is there a way to set it without having to increment the value?
>> Thanks
>> Jodi

Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator
University of Virginia
(434) 924-2846
jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu <mailto:jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>