Can't get postmaster to run :-(

From: "Shmuel A(dot) Kahn" <Shmuel(at)Kam-motion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't get postmaster to run :-(
Date: 2003-06-18 09:51:40
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Running:
Win-2K
cygwin - 1.3.22-1
postgresql - 7.3.3-1
cygipc - 1.14-1
Install process worked fine. No problem running cyg-ipc (as an
automatic service). But any attempt to:

postmaster -i -D /usr/share/postgresql/data &

fails with the following message:

IpcSemaphoreInitialize: semctl(id=2, 0, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid
argument
LOG: startup process (pid 2472) exited with exit code 1
LOG: aborting startup due to startup process failure

What have I forgotten to do :-( ?? The ipc-daemon IS running.
This MAY be related, but I can't get 'su' to work in the cygwin window.
It fails me on the postgres user password, despite this being the
windows password the account had. Can anybody help?

Shmuel
Back at postgres after a year long break.
--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
Shmuel A. Kahn