Unicode/client_encoding/conversion problem

From: Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Unicode/client_encoding/conversion problem
Date: 2003-06-16 10:52:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi friends,

when a column SQL_C_CHAR is handled in ResolveOneParam, the conversion
is coded dependent on param_sqltype. If a SQL_CHAR variable is bound to
it, no conversion takes place, which is incorrect. ODBC architecture
assumes sqltype to be the server_encoding, but this is irrelevant for
pgsql. Instead, everything is done with client_encoding (anything but
UNICODE doesn't make sense here), so we need a conversion to UTF-8 in
any case.

I wonder if the other direction is handled correctly...

A patch is attached.

Regards,
Andreas

pgsql-odbc by date