Re: RBLs ... I'm tired of spam ...

From: "Ricardo Ryoiti S(dot) Junior" <suga(at)netbsd(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RBLs ... I'm tired of spam ...
Date: 2003-05-27 22:16:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Larry Rosenman wrote:

> FEATURE(dnsbl,`korea.services.net',``Mail from $&{client_addr}
> rejected by korea.services.net'')dnl
> FEATURE(dnsbl,`brazil.blackholes.us',``Mail from $&{client_addr}
> rejected by brazil.blackholes.us'')dnl

Yes, SPAM is really a problem here. Unfortunatelly, telco companies
won't do anything to keep spammers out of service. It's very radical to
simply drop all the brazilian IPs, and I just cannot do this otherwise
I'd be unable to talk to anyone. I've added about 20 B classes to the
mta's access list and 99% of the spam went away. This is because ALL the
spam that comes from Brazil are originated from ADSLs/Cablemodens.
Yet, I used to receive many spams from US/China until I started
using spews.

I think that people with .org/.net/.com domains are really in a bad
situation. People say that when they receive 300 mails a day, 250 or so
are spam. This sounds really bad. In the worst times, I used to receive
at most 5-10 spams a day, from 400 other e-mails.

> FEATURE(dnsbl,`opm.blitzed.org',``Mail from $&{client_addr} rejected
> by opm.blitzed.org'')dnl
>

> plus I have a contract for rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org
> opm.blitzed.org is open proxies, and the others are obvious.

I found mail-abuse.org to be very burocratic to add a single IP to
it's database. I think this makes them much less effective.

[]s
Ricardo.