Re: caching query results

To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: caching query results
Date: 2003-05-23 16:41:30
Lists: pgsql-general

scott.marlowe wrote:
> by the way, jsp supports connection pooling quite well.
>
> Do you have a specific development environment you have to work in?

oh yeah, sorry, my bad.
I am working with perl.

besides: temporary tables also last only one connection, as the
documentation indicates.
the script does connect, and after printing everything to the browser it
dies... as well as the connection to postgres.

opening the script with the commands to show the next few rows would
again start the same script, but with a different offset...

I'm beginning to give it up, and use a very simple solution: temporary
files - tab delimited. the script would parse the SQL output (from the
file) and I bet this would be almost as fast as querying a table, or
faster... this is just a thought I had, but I think the pure database
solution is a lot fancier and I'd really want to go for that instead...