Re: array support patch phase 1 patch

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Date: 2003-05-23 00:17:11
Lists: pgsql-patches

Joe Conway wrote:
> Attached is an updated version of the doc patch along with the addition
> of two new functions, as previously discussed:
>
> - str_to_array(str TEXT, delim TEXT) returns TEXT[]
> - array_to_str(array ANYARRAY, delim TEXT) returns TEXT
>
> The patch is fairly large because:
>
> 1. the documentation part of it is large
> 2. I moved some static functions around and made them accessible so
> that I could use them in implementing the two functions.
>
> It passes all regression tests, and as mentioned above includes
> documentation.
>
> If there are no objections, please apply.

The attached is an update to the one above, with the following additions
(recommended by Tom here -
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-04/msg00030.php):

1. array_eq() now applies the element type's equality operator on an
element-by-element basis.
2. applied Tom's cache lookup results caching technique in arrayfuncs.c,
array_userfuncs.c, and in the new functions in varlena.c.

Still passes all regression tests. No additional doc updates needed for
this one. If there are no objections, please apply.

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
array-phase2.4.patch text/plain 73.7 KB