Re: Calling external program from trigger

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Calling external program from trigger
Date: 2003-05-20 10:11:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 20 May 2003 at 11:30, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to notify a server whenever a certain table is updated.

There were some replies on this earlier, but I deleted most of them in morning
session.

You can write a trigger in C and signal a PID, where you can get the PID from a
a location that your server and C trigger knows about.. Maintain in a database
config table as a solution.

HTH

Bye
Shridhar

--
MIPS: Meaningless Indicator of Processor Speed