Re: constraint with reference to the same table

From: Rudi Starcevic <rudi(at)oasis(dot)net(dot)au>
To: Rudi Starcevic <rudi(at)oasis(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: Victor Yegorov <viy(at)nordlb(dot)lv>, Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, Postgres Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: constraint with reference to the same table
Date: 2003-05-15 02:14:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

Perhaps I also need a 3rd Index ?

One for Business's
One for People and
One for Business_People.

I think I may need the 3rd Index for query's like

Select b_id
From business_people
where b_id = 1 and pn_id = 2;

I think this way I have an Index for 3 type's of queries.

When I looking for data on just the business,
when I'm looking for data on just people and
when I'm looking for data on business people relationships.

Cheers
Rudi.