Re: Bug(?) with cursors using aggregate functions.

From: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)cvc(dot)net>
To: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug(?) with cursors using aggregate functions.
Date: 2003-04-30 15:29:54
Lists: pgsql-general

They cache all the results in the file system. I assume that there's a different command for moving the curosor, (a ADODB object method), and that it goes to the filesystem to fetch the results. Not really that much different than what a database does with curors except maybe the db keeps it in memory. ADODB transparently uses native cursors if they are available. So it's meant to take you to Oracle, Sybase, DB2, and others as your project grous.