Getting the real column name.

From: marian <marian(at)mail(dot)jozep(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Getting the real column name.
Date: 2003-04-13 12:01:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I am trying to get the real column name from a table while using a
'SELECT name AS "New Name" FROM stuff' type query.
I want to be able to recover the real name but getCatalogName returns a
null string and getColumnName returns the same as getColumnLabel.

What is the best way to do this or should I just build a static hash map
thingy.