Re: error getString() --> decodeUTF8 /

From: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar(at)ptinovacao(dot)pt>
Cc: postgres <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error getString() --> decodeUTF8 /
Date: 2003-04-11 15:46:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Pedro,

If you were running the latest build from http://jdbc.postgresql.org you
would see the following improved error message:

Invalid character data was found. This is most likely caused by stored
data containing characters that are invalid for the character set the
database was created in. The most common example of this is storing
8bit data in a SQL_ASCII database.

thanks,
--Barry