Re: pg_dump / pg_dumpall / memory issues

From: Kyle <kyle(at)ccidomain(dot)com>
To: Forum - Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump / pg_dumpall / memory issues
Date: 2003-04-10 13:08:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Shridhar has a good point using nice. I know RedHat supports nice
because I have installed a totally background program that uses "nice
19" as part of its command line.

I just successfully tried this on a RedHat 7.3:

nice -n 15 pg_dumpall >testdump.sql

It seems to work. However, my SQL server is so lightly loaded I cannot
verify that it actually *helps*.

-Kyle