Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's usual?

From: Medi Montaseri <medi(dot)montaseri(at)intransa(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>, Joel Rees <joel(at)alpsgiken(dot)gr(dot)jp>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's usual?
Date: 2003-04-03 18:47:13
Lists: pgsql-general

In my application, I do the following before saying "ok db is up"

1- Look for the PID, that tells me postmaster at least is a process and
has an ID
2- Check /proc/pid
3- Connect to template-1
4- Connect to MyDatabase
5- Query something,

That tells me that all parts are working....

By the way, does the '-w' on start gives up in 60 seconds or
indefinitely blocks...