itss.dll fails to register - even crashes regsvr32

From: Carol and Doug Hutcheson <chutches(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: itss.dll fails to register - even crashes regsvr32
Date: 2003-04-03 10:34:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

Folks,

I am installing (er...trying to install) pgadmin II on my Win95
partition running under Win4Lin.

I have downloaded and installed MDAC2.5 and DCOM95 successfully, so I
hoped the platform would be OK. However, the pgadmin II installation
(full or typical install) warns that itss.dll failed to register and it
also had the same problem with hhctrl.ocx.

When I attempt to register itss.dll manually, I get an initial dialog
that it installed OK, but when I press the 'OK' button, regsvr32 reports
an error and quits.

I saw another post regarding this dll and the response was that it has
actually installed OK, but I have my doubts ....!

I can run pgadmin, but no matter what I do, it reports inability to
connect to the socket 5432 on the server (the Linux host on which I am
running Win4Lin).I have booted the database OK and I know sockets are
working because I can load and run mySQL ODBC against a (different) socket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Doug Hutcheson
Programmer for 25 years - going nuts for 23 of them (grin)