Re: UltraSQL Win32 source code/patches?

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Russ Mercer <rmercer(at)byke(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UltraSQL Win32 source code/patches?
Date: 2003-03-31 17:45:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Russ Mercer wrote:

> How can I compile the UltraSQL version of PostgreSQL for Win32? I am looking for a Win32 version of PostgreSQL that does not depend on cygwin, and UltraSQL seems to work well.
>
> This site (http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows) only points to the UltraSQL binaries (ftp://209.61.187.152/postgres/postgres_beta4.zip), but I read that PeerDirect, the company that did the UltraSQL port, also made its source code available.

PeerDirect did not make the UltraSQL sources available. They had me
extract out the Win32 port related parts of it and provide a patch
against 7.2.1 that results in a working native PostgreSQL. All the other
work of PeerDirect has never been published as open source. All
PostgreSQL related work had been canceled and the so called server group
eliminated.

> Does anyone know where I can find the UltraSQL source code or patches?

Noone should have except for PeerDirect. Contact them.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #