Re: disable constraints

From: Dmitry Tkach <dmitry(at)openratings(dot)com>
To: rute solipa <rutes(at)eselx(dot)ipl(dot)pt>
Subject: Re: disable constraints
Date: 2003-02-28 22:42:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

rute solipa wrote:
> i whant avoid to dropping constraint, i whant to disable the constraints,
> because i need to insert a large amont of data.
> is there a way?
>
> best regards,
> rute

There is no "oficial" way to do that, as far as I know...
You can disable *triggers* on a table (which will disable all the FK constraints, but not things like 'not nul' or 'unique'), by doing:

update pg_class set reltriggers=0 where relname = 'YOUR_TABLE_NAME';

to enable them after you are done, do

update pg_class set reltriggers = count(*) from pg_trigger where pg_class.oid=tgrelid and relname='YOUR_TABLE_NAME';

I hope, it helps...

Dima