Re: Advice Needed

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Advice Needed
Date: 2003-02-27 20:20:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Tom,

Thanks for your response. I've considered you comments and I've been
doing some experimenting with concurrent record updates. I now see what
you mean in your comment. I've been executing all the queries using
PQexec. As you well know, PQexec just sits and waits when another
transaction has hold of the row. I'm wondering if I should use the
Asynchronous Query routines to manage this. I've got to be able to get
feedback to the user and give them the ability to abort the transaction.
Based on what I've been reading it seems the the Asynchronous routines
would work. What is your response to this? Also, I can't find any code
examples at all on how to implement the routines. I can find some
limited discussions about it, but no examples. I could figure it all out
with trial and error but would like to skip that if possible. Do you
know where I can find some code examples?

Thanks...

--
Sparta, NC 28675 USA
336.372.6812