SSL connection

From: Davide Romanini <romaz(at)libero(dot)it>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SSL connection
Date: 2003-02-15 16:27:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I return on the SSL argument and I ask what are the main difficult in
developing this (important, I think) feature into the ODBC driver.
If I'm not wrong the odbc driver uses the libpq.dll functions to connect
to the database. Well, using that library should be easy to implement a
ssl connection using that appropriate parameter in the function used to
connect. The only problem at this point, I think, is only about openssl
(the pgsql docs says that to use ssl openssl is needed both by the
server and the client, I don't know exactly how libpq uses openssl to do
secure connections). Anyway there's a working version of openssl running
in the Cygwin environment so I don't think should be a real big problem
adding this feature to the odbc driver :-)

Comments?

Bye, Romaz