Re: How do you select from a table until a condition is met?

From: Dmitry Tkach <dmitry(at)openratings(dot)com>
To: Nicholas Allen <nallen(at)freenet(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: How do you select from a table until a condition is met?
Date: 2003-02-12 20:39:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

select * from table order by x limit 10; -- get first 10
select * from table order by x offset 10 limit 10; -- get 10 - 20
select * from table order by x offset 40 limit 10; -- get 40-50

OR

begin;
declare mycursor cursor for select * from table order by x;
fetch 10 from mycursor; -- get first 10
fetch 10 from mycursor; -- get 10-20
move 20 in mycursor;
fetch 10 from mycursor; -- get 40-50