Re: unixODBC, PostgreSQL 7.3 + ODBC V3 drivers?

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Alain Picard <Alain(dot)Picard(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: Nick Gorham <nick(at)easysoft(dot)com>, Peter Harvey <pharvey(at)codebydesign(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com
Subject: Re: unixODBC, PostgreSQL 7.3 + ODBC V3 drivers?
Date: 2003-02-05 00:37:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Alain Picard wrote:

> Hiroshi> How did you build the driver ?
> Hiroshi> Did you link odbcapi30.o, pgapi30.o and info30.o ?
>
> Yes. Initially I didn't, and got unresolved symbols.
>
> What I did was:
> * check things out from CVS
> * update by libtool, aclocal, etc to the versions specified
> in the README.unix file
> * Issue the following commands
> psqlodbc % cp /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 .
> psqlodbc % aclocal -I . -I $PGSRC/config
> (PGSRC points to a checkout of the PostgreSQL 7.3 sources)
> psqlodbc % ./configure --prefix=/tmp --with-unixodbc
> edit config.h and add the line
> #define ODBCVER 0x351
> at the end of it
> make install
>
> Nick Gorham, maintainer of unixODBC, thinks the problem is in
> psqlodbc; I tend to agree although I'm not sure I understand
> what's going on. I got psqlodbc to spit out reams of logging
> and debugging data, which I can send you, if you think it'll help.

I checked unixODBC sources a little. ISTM unixODBC checks
the existence of the function SQLColAttributes and if it
exists, it calls SQLColAttributes( not SQLColAttribute)
passing through the Field Identifier parameter.
Is it right ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/