Re: URGENT: referential integrity problem

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: URGENT: referential integrity problem
Date: 2003-01-30 15:47:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, pginfo wrote:
>

> > Stephan Szabo wrote:

> > > It's a speed of load issue. I think 7.3's dumps use alter table and will
> > > check. Probably it'll eventually become optional.
> >
> > Hmm, as default option pg_dump on 7.3.1 do not check for reference integrity.I do not
> > know about any option for this case.
> > Which is the option?
>
> If you make a new constraint in 7.3, the dump from a 7.3 server should use
> ALTER TABLE to build the constraint. That will check the data. If you've
> imported a constraint from an earlier version it doesn't have the new
> constraint info and will still just dump them as triggers. You can make
> the constraint information for those triggers (I think someone made a
> script to do that) but I'm not 100% sure what's involved.

No, I do not make any new constraint. All constraints was declared early.As I understande
7.3 remember the new constraints and by dumping it make check
for integrity only if this new constraints exists. Right?

I will search archive for such info. I trayed for 'integrity', but do not find the needet.

regards,
ivan.