Re: [NOVICE] Perl - Postgres

From: Richard A Lough <ralough(dot)ced(at)dnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Rosta Farzan <rosta(at)acc(dot)csuhayward(dot)edu>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Perl - Postgres
Date: 2003-01-29 18:36:10
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Rosta Farzan wrote:

> Hi
>
> Where can I find the list of the functions of pg module, for example how
> to insert a row to the database?
> Does anybody know a tutorial on perl & Postgres?
>
> Thanks
> Rosta

I have seen some examples. I believe they came with the Pg module.

I attach some GPL code which was intended for Mysql. My hack is
probably a good example of how _not_ to interface to Postgres,
but you will need something to start with. The original article
should be still on the DrDobbs site somewhere. (try Aug 2002)

HTH

Richard A Lough

Attachment Content-Type Size
spider.pl application/x-perl 12.9 KB