Re: Borland BDE showing public schema in table names

From: "Paul Cochrane" <paul(at)tortc(dot)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Borland BDE showing public schema in table names
Date: 2003-01-29 09:53:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

As a further point on this issue, I've reverted back to postgresql 7.2.3
and the public schema does NOT show up in the table names. This
is probably due to 7.2.3 not supporting the schema (as far as I know)
and everything is working properly again.

Is there any chance of the psqlodbc driver being fixed for BDE
application (or an option to disable/hide the public schema) so I can
use the latest version of postgres?

On 27 Jan 2003 at 18:28, Paul Cochrane wrote:

> Hi There.
>
> Might be a FAQ. First posting to this list. I just upgraded to
> postgresql 7.3.1 and am have some problems accessing the
> database from Paradox (which uses borlands BDE) through the
> psqlodbc driver (I am using the latest PGADMIN2).
>
> Whenever I want to use a table on the pgsql server, the tablenames
> returned to paradox are of the form "public.tablename" instead of
> plain "tablename". This screws up the application since it would
> need a LOT of changing to rename all the table references to this
> format.
>
> The server & connection seem to work properly - it's just the public
> addition to the name that is causing me problems.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information.

-------------------------------------
Paul Cochrane | Tayside Orthopaedic & |
| Rehabilitation Technology Centre |
| Ninewells Hospital & Med. School |
| Dundee, Scotland, UK. |
| DD1 9SY. |
| Phone: +44 1382 496284 |
| Fax: +44 1382 496322 |
| E-Mail: paul(at)tortc(dot)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk |