Re: Passing parameters to a Trigger

From: Antonio Scotti <ascotti(at)mbigroup(dot)it>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Passing parameters to a Trigger
Date: 2003-01-28 16:19:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

The exact reference to what I've read is: in the .pdf file
"programmer-7.2-A4.pdf" at the very beginning of page 240. It is the
programmer's reference manual, the section regardings the CREATE TRIGGER
command in the paragraph explaing the meaning of 'args'.
It says something about passing the current_user to a trigger but it
is not clear to me so I'd like to have it explained.
However I've managed to solve my problem in another way. I simply
call the trigger with no parameters at all and then I do a query into
the trigger body (which is written in C) so I get the missing parameters.

Regards,
Antonio Scotti