Has everyone else here seen the "new" Database Open Test Suite by IBM?

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Has everyone else here seen the "new" Database Open Test Suite by IBM?
Date: 2003-01-28 13:52:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi everyone,

Just came across a reference to a new Open Source database test suite by
IBM that supports DB2, Oracle, Sybase, PostgreSQL, and MySQL:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3382&release_id=115190

It's part of the Linux Test Project and only supports Linux, but it
looks useful.

From it's "Overview" page:

"Database Opensource Test Suite (DOTS) is a set of test
cases designed for the purpose of stress testing and long
run testing on database systems to measure database
performance and reliability. It has two kinds of test cases
- Basic Cases and Advanced Cases. The primary goal of Basic
Cases is stress and long run database testing; the secondary
goal is 100% JDBC API coverage. There are 8 test cases
written in Java to cover JDBC API under the Basic Cases
category. The goal of the Advanced Cases is modeling
real-world business logic, stress and long run testing on
database systems. There are 2 test cases written in Java
under the Advanced Cases category."

Looking at the configuration info for PostgreSQL, it has no changes from
the default memory configuration settings, but that's probably because
they don't know enough about PostgreSQL to be aware of the need for that.

Thought it worth pointing out if case people here haven't yet come
across it.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift