Re: question regarding regular expressions

From: frbn <frbn(at)efbs-seafrigo(dot)fr>
To: Cindy <ctmoore(at)uci(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: question regarding regular expressions
Date: 2003-01-28 08:27:28
Lists: pgsql-general

try:

frbn=# \h create language
Command: CREATE LANGUAGE
Syntax:
CREATE [ TRUSTED ] [ PROCEDURAL ] LANGUAGE 'langname'
HANDLER call_handler
LANCOMPILER 'comment'

---
but,
"A handler must already exist for the language in question
when you use the CREATE LANGUAGE command. " (cf online "practical postgresql")
find where your plpgsql.so lib is located (mine is in /usr/lib/pgsql):
---

CREATE FUNCTION "plpgsql_call_handler" () RETURNS opaque
AS '/usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so', 'plpgsql_call_handler' LANGUAGE 'C';

---

but the shell command "createlang" is easier to use.