Re: createlang and Schemas

From: Jochem van Dieten <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ian Harding <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>
Subject: Re: createlang and Schemas
Date: 2003-01-24 15:51:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Ian Harding writes:
>
>> createlang seems not to take a schema argument. Should it?
>
> Schema of what? Languages do not live in schemas.

Languages not, but language call handler functions do.

Since languages are global to the database, I think the location for the
call handler functions should be the pg_catalog schema. Currently, that
creates a problem with pg_dump:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2002-12/msg01098.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2003-01/msg00006.php

Jochem