Re: Help on query plan.

From: "William N(dot) Zanatta" <william(at)veritel(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help on query plan.
Date: 2003-01-21 18:18:11
Lists: pgsql-general

> Try like 50 or 100. Also, does the EXPLAIN result change with the
> higher correlation figures? I'd expect estimated cost of indexscan
> to drop with higher correlation.
>
> If you dig into the pghackers archives you will find some discussions
> about changing the equation used for adjusting indexscan based on
> correlation. I suspect the real solution to your problem will be to
> alter the equation. But I'm curious about whether we have reliable
> stats, first...

Don't know what happened. Now it only shows me Index Scans, even if
it set the stats values back to 10 or less (tried 0 too). It's just
showing up Index Scans for that query.

Now, I'm confused... =/

what could have happened?

william

--
Perl combines all of the worst aspects of BASIC, C and line noise.
-- Keith Packard