Oracle rant

From: mlw <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle rant
Date: 2003-01-16 03:12:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just wanted to post this note.

I have been in Oracle hell for four days now, and in between the 5
minutes of work and the hours of watings, dealing with table spaces,
extents, and all that, I just keep thinking about how much easier
PostgreSQL is to work with.

We all may bitch and moan about bugs and stuff, but my project would
have been easier with PostgreSQL.

Has anyone ever noticed that Oracle has all these nice little arcane
ways to fail?