Re: PostgreSQL on e10k

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on e10k
Date: 2003-01-07 11:00:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On 7 Jan 2003 at 11:43, Christian Töpp wrote:
> my company planed to use postgresql on a sun enterprise 10000.
> has enyone hints and tricks for me how to setup and configure
> the database server?

Well, that largely depends upon the database size. And when database tuning is
not sufficient, the last advice is to upgrade the machine.

Now that you have a big enough machine, you can start tuning it right away.

One thing I can think of is connection pooling. AFAIK, solaris is not known for
a fast fork. So if your database requires frequent connection, make sure that
database connection pooling is used. That should eliminate the fork timeing
problem..

HTH

Bye
Shridhar

--
Kennedy's Market Theorem: Given enough inside information and unlimited credit,
you've got to go broke.