Re: Threads

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "<PGHackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Threads
Date: 2003-01-06 11:36:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6 Jan 2003 at 12:22, Ulrich Neumann wrote:

> Hello all,
> If someone is interested in the code I can send a zip file to everyone
> who wants.

I suggest you preserver your work. The reason I suggested thread are mainly two
folds.

1) Get I/O time used fuitfully
2) Use multiple CPU better.

It will not require as much code cleaning as your efforts might had. However
your work will be very useful if somebody decides to use thread in any fashion
in core postgresql.

I was hoping for bit more optimistic response given that what I suggested was
totally optional at any point of time but very important from performance
point. Besides the change would have been gradual as required..

Anyway..

Bye
Shridhar

--