Re: Using Image datatype in Postgres

From: Medi Montaseri <medi(dot)montaseri(at)intransa(dot)com>
To: Prachi Jain <prachijain3(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using Image datatype in Postgres
Date: 2002-12-17 19:12:19
Lists: pgsql-general

create SomeTable
(
name varchar(10),
image oid
);
insert into SomeTable (name, image) values ('foo.gif',
lo_import('/web/some.gif'));

ie

Bag of Bits is called Large Objects in PG and you'll use a couple of
auxilary methods
to handle them; lo_import() and lo_export().

I myself don't understand the relation between OID and Large Object....
Could be historic stuff....or when I read it, i was sleepy....